This article will help you highlight a specific country's national boundary. Any map style that uses the MapTiler Planet tileset could use attributes included in the `boundary` layer. New attributes for highlighting national boundaries were announced in OpenMapTiles v3.12.
In attributes (in step 6) you can use the ISO A3 values of the country (e.g. CHE, FRA, CZE, ...). You can also find the required value in the Inspect mode (top right corner - change from Map to Inspect).
Highlight a national boundary step-by-step:
- Open Advanced editor for map
- Select the `border_country` style layer
- Clone it
- Rename it to `border_highlight`
- Move the `border_highlight` under the `border_country` style layer
- Edit the Filter to `any filter matches` with the conditions:
adm0_r == CHE
adm0_l == CHE
- Change the color and width
rgba(0, 255, 0, 1)
- Save and Publish the map
Highlight a national boundary step-by-step (images):
- Steps 2, 3
- Steps 4, 5, 6
- Step 7
After Publishing the map you can share it or embed it into your website.