In case an online license activation process is not possible in your scenario, you have to do the offline activation, which is slightly different. Let's take a closer look at the process.
Find and copy the MapTiler Server license
Finding the license key depends on the way you purchased your MapTiler Data subscription.
- If you obtained the subscription by directly contacting the MapTiler Sales team, your license key will be provided to you by email from one of our sales associates.
- If the subscription was bought online, you have to go to the MapTiler Data page,
Click on "MY DATA" in the top right corner, navigate to the Server Tab, and copy the license key from there.
MapTiler Server in an offline environment (Windows, Mac, Linux)
Standard offline activation DOES NOT WORK in Docker installations although there is a solution for offline activation in Docker or Virtual Machine (VM).
While offline, head to the License Tab inside of MapTiler Server click on URL, and add, "/offline" at the end of the string.
The whole URL should look like this http://localhost:3650/admin/settings/license/offline.
Next, paste your KEY, and click on "Generate Activation Request"
Standard offline activation is done via the generation of an "DAT" file for that installation, which needs to be sent to MapTiler Support for verification. Once you'll receive the activation response file back, please upload it to your MapTiler Server instance and activate it.
A renewal request can be generated by pressing the "RENEW" button. It shall be processed the same way as the previously described activation request file. Once the offline activation request is correctly generated, the page "/admin/settings/license" will display an offline activation UI (you can skip back to online via a link).
Specifics of running MapTiler Server in Virtual Machine (VM) or Docker
Running MapTiler Server offline often involves Docker containers, Kubernetes clusters, or similar.
Standard Offline Activation (DAT file) is not optimized to work in any VM, nor the Docker containers.
Here is why:
- VM and Docker will not stay activated after a restart (a new start creates a new container/machine).
- The activation is lost if the VM or Docker is shut down incorrectly.
In case you need to run MapTiler Server in VM or Docker, you need to subscribe to
MapTiler Partner Data. Only then you can access the following options:
- On-Prem floating Licence that requires DAT activation in the fixed machine for the “host server”, meaning this machine should be running at all times
- Pre-activated Binary is a solution when there is no fixed machine available, and the environment is completely virtualized.
Pre-activated binary is a MapTiler Server binary, that has been pre-activated with a license key before it is distributed to the end user. This means the software is already activated and ready to use.
MapTiler Server TRIAL license
Please contact us to get your time-limited TRIAL license to test the MapTiler Server in your project to see if it is a fit for you.
Running MapTiler Server as a Docker image
How to run MapTiler Server on Windows
How to run MapTiler Server on macOS
How to run MapTiler Server on Linux
How to run MapTiler Server as Docker image