MapTiler Engine regularly provides new improvements and features. They are delivered to all users by software updates. In this article, we'll take a closer look at the details of the updating process from an older version of MapTiler Engine to the latest one.
Once there is a newer version available, you are going to get an automated notification with the update highlights with every start of the program.
Process of updating in MapTiler Engine v13.0 and newer:
In MapTiler Engine v13.0 we introduced the automatic update utility, which takes care of the download process and runs the installation.
- Start the updater by clicking on the "INSTALL UPDATE" button in the update dialog, the current version of application closes and the updater utility shows up.
- Wait for the updater to download the new version and start the installation process, it will keep you informed of the progress.
- Finish the installation process if needed (for some platforms).
Process of updating in MapTiler Engine v12.2 and older:
- Download the installation file from the link which you get in the update details popup after clicking on "INSTALL UPDATE" button of the update dialog.
- Close your MapTiler Engine software.
- Launch the installation of the downloaded file.
- After the successful installation of the update you can open the MapTiler Engine software again, it will be updated to the latest version.
Skipping the version
If you want to skip the version for some reason, you can do so by clicking the "SKIP THE VERSION" button. Skipping new versions is not considered a good way of handling the updates as they usually contains important improvements and new features.
Download from the product page